I’ll let you in on a little secret. This weekend this girl right here, (yes, I mean myself) will be cooking for 200 guests at a wedding. My brother, Valentin is getting married this Saturday! We are SO excited.
This past month has been just a tad bit crazy. I’ve been writing out the menu, grocery list, perusing the aisles of many grocery stores, prepping a few hundred pounds of meat, and communicating back and forth with the other ladies who will be cooking. This coming week has a detailed schedule for each day.
It can be somewhat overwhelming, especially with a little boy who needs my attention and still having to put in my normal hours as a nurse at the hospital. With all this commotion, you can imagine that there’s not much time left for cooking. I’ve been preparing extremely simple meals, utilizing my oven as much as possible and focusing on dinner options that have as little prep as possible.
This flank steak was one of these dinners. Super easy, super fast and super yummy. With 5 minutes of prep and the oven doing the rest of the work, this steak turns out so juicy and moist, and will knock your socks off. The spice rub gives it a really great punch of flavor. Served with rice and the Balsamic and Soy Vegetable Medley that I shared with you already, this is a stunning and impressive dinner but can be easily made even in the most of a hectic schedule.
1 1/2 lbs flank steak
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 Tablespoons oil
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and place a large rimmed baking sheet to heat up in the oven while it’s preheating.
When the oven is preheated, take out the searingly hot baking sheet and pour 2 Tablespoons of oil on it, tilting the sheet to spread the oil around or use a heat proof brush to disperse it all over the surface of the baking sheet.
Place the steak on top of the hot pan and return to the oven. Roast for about 15 minutes. Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. Slice the steak thinly, across the grain.
- 1½ lbs flank steak
- salt, pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees and place a large rimmed baking sheet to heat up in the oven while it's preheating.
- Blot the steak dry with a towel and season it with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices.
- Rub both sides of the steak with the spice rub. You will have some of the spice rub left.
- When the oven is preheated, take out the searingly hot baking sheet and pour 2 Tablespoons of oil on it, tilting the sheet to spread the oil around or use a heat proof brush to disperse it all over the surface of the baking sheet.
- Place the steak on top of the hot pan and return to the oven.
- Roast for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak thinly, across the grain.