Honey Garlic-Glazed Meatballs
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 23 mins
- Total Time: 33 mins
- Yield: 60-63 meatballs 1x
- Category: Entree
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon butter
- 2–4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line two rimmed baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Soak the breadcrumbs in the milk until all the milk is absorbed by the bread.
- Combine all the ingredients for the meatballs together.
- Form small meatballs, about 1 Tablespoon each and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-14 min. Don’t overcook the meatballs, or they will become tough.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a medium pot or large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook about 30 seconds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for about 5 min.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook for about 7 min, until cooked through.
- Bake the meatballs ahead of time. Store in the refrigerator.
- You can even freeze the meatballs. Simply place in the freezer in a single layer until frozen solid and place in a Ziploc bag or plastic container.
- Thaw the meatballs and continue with the recipe. The sauce takes no time at all to make, so I usually make it on the spot, but you can make it ahead of time also.