- 6–8 oz chopped ham or fresh sausage (Polish, Italian, breakfast – whichever one you like)
- 1 onion, minced
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cottage or ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheese, (mozzarella, provolone, monterey jack, etc.)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh parsley and chives, minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenehit. Grease 2 muffins tray.
- On medium high heat, partially cook the sausage.
- Add the onion and continue cooking until the onion is tender and the sausage is fully cooked. Drain on a paper towel.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the dry ingredients – the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, ricotta/cottage cheese, cheese and butter.
- Mix in the sausage, onions and herbs.
- Add the dry ingredients, mix to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full. I use an ice cream scoop – it’s the perfect amount, each egg puff is the same size, so they bake evenly.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.