- 4 salmon portions, skin on
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Line a deep baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Place the fish on top of the foil, skin side down.
- Rub olive oil over the surface of the fish.
- Season with salt and pepper. Salmon is a thick fish, so season well – don’t be shy with the salt.
- Broil until golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- You can check the fish for doneness with a fork. If it flakes easily, the fish is ready.
- Slide a thin metal spatula between the fish and the skin. It will come off in one piece.