Juicy and flavorful grilled chicken kebabs, that are so wasy to make. The chicken breast kebabs are healthy and so tasty with lemon, garlic and herbs.
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tablespoon chicken seasoning
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 very small onion (grated)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1–2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Chop the chicken breasts into 1 1/2 -2 inch chunks.
- Add the salt, pepper, chicken seasoning, garlic, onion, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Mix until well combined. Marinate for at least half an hour, preferably overnight. If you’re using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for about 20 minutes, so the water soaks into the wood. This will prevent the skewers from burning too quickly.
- Thread the meat onto the skewers. You want the meat to be close together, but not smooshed in too tightly.
- Preheat the grill to high heat. Soak a paper towel in oil, and holding it with tongs, coat the grill grates well with oil, at least five times.
- Place the kebabs on the grill and grill for about 5-8 minutes per side.keeping the heat on medium high, more on the high side. The outside of the meat should be charred but still juicy inside.
One of the tricks that I have for kebabs to check for doneness is taking off the end piece of meat to pop in my mouth. If it’s not pink in the center, take off the grill. Remember, the outside one will cook faster than the middle pieces of meat, but you should have a very good idea of the doneness of the meat by doing this. Pair this with a baked potato and fresh tomato salad and this is the ultimate outdoor dinner.