Lemon, Garlic and Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
A roasted boneless turkey breast is juicy, delicious and simple to prepare. This recipe gets a lot of flavor from the lemon, garlic and herb marinade and the flavored butter.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Entree
- 1 boneless turkey breast (about 3 lbs)
- 6 Tablespoons butter, softened to room temperature
- 4–6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1–2 Tablespoons minced fresh herbs, such as parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, etc.
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon lemon zest and 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt, ground black pepper
- Season the turkey breast with salt and ground black pepper on all sides.
- Meanwhile, melt 1/2 Tablespoon of butter in a skillet and cook the minced garlic in it for about a minutes, just until it becomes fragrant and starts to turn lightly golden.
- Put the garlic into a medium bowl and add the lemon zest, lemon juice, and the minced fresh herbs. Mix to combine.
- Rub the garlic herb butter all over the underside of the turkey and under the skin. Use kitchen twine to tie around the turkey to keep it in a neater package and so that it cooks more evenly. Rub the remaining herb butter mixture on top of the turkey breast. For best results, leave the turkey to marinate overnight, but you can also roast it immediately.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the turkey on a rimmed baking sheet or baking pan and cook until the turkey reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit on an instant-read thermometer.
- A 3 lbs boneless turkey breast will take approximately 1 hour to roast.
- Allow the turkey to rest for about 10 minutes before removing the kitchen twine and slicing it to serve.
- *You can also butterfly the turkey, by cutting into the thickest portion of the turkey breast, keeping the knife 1/2 inch above the cutting board and stopping 1/2 inch from the edge of the breast. Open it like a book. Pound the turkey breast gently to get an even thickness. You will then roll up the turkey breast before tieing it up with kitchen twine.
- *You can also use a bone-in turkey breast for this recipe. Season the turkey breast on both sides with salt and pepper. Rub the lemon herb butter under the skin and on top of the skin. You will not need to use kitchen twine for the bone in turkey. Continue with the rest of the recipe as directed.
Keywords: How To Roast a Turkey Breast, Lemon Garlic and Herb Roasted Turkey Breast, How to Bake a Turkey Breast