- 1 1/2 lbs of salmon
- 2 small broccoli crowns
- 2 small zucchini, yellow or green
- 1 parsley bunch
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup water, reserved from broccoli water
- 1 medium onion sliced into circles
- salt, pepper
- Medium sized bamboo skewers (6 inch)
- Skin the salmon and cut into 1 – 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut the broccoli into approximately the same sized florets.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4 inch circles.
- Strip the parsley leaves and finely chop 1 Tablespoon of parsley and add to the salmon. Save the rest of the leaves for another use, you will need only the parsley stems and 1 Tablespoon of chopped parsley.
- Combine the salmon with the chopped parsley, lemon juice, 1/2 a teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, boil some water and pour it over the broccoli, allowing it to stand for about 2-4 min, just until broccoli begins to soften, but is still crisp and firm.
- Drain the broccoli, reserving 1/2 a cup of the liquid.
- Skewer the salmon on the bamboo skewer, followed by the broccoli and the zucchini, repeat.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, place the sliced onion in a single layer and place the parsley stems on top of the onions.
- Pour the white wine and reserved water over the onion and parsley stems. Season with 1/4 of a teaspoon of salt. The liquid should cover the bottom of the skillet but not cover the onion and parsley stems.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce the temperature to a simmer, arrange the salmon kebabs in one layer, cover and cook for about 4 min.
- You will know that the salmon is done when it is light pink in color, be very careful not to overcook.