- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 oz. (1 cup) butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- Powdered sugar, to dust the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a standing mixer or with a hand mixer, mix the eggs and sugar until pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and butter. Mix to combine.
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour and baking powder and then add to the dough just until incorporated.
- Cut the apples right before adding to the dough to prevent browning as much as possible. Add the apples and mix with a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula to combine.
- Place rounded tablespoonfuls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until just beginning to brown around the edges. Dust with powdered sugar, if you like.