Chocolate salami is a no-bake dessert, a combination of cookies and chocolate. It looks like salami, but is actually a dessert and is so easy to make.
- 1 1/2 packages vanilla wafers ((about 11 oz each))
- 2 sticks of butter (melted)
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Most boxes of vanilla wafers are approximately 11 oz each. For this recipe, you’ll need to use 1 and 1/2 packages of vanilla wafers.
- Crush the cookies so you have some coarse pieces and smaller. You can use your hands, or use a rolling pin or a mallet to crush the cookies right in the bag that they are packaged in.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter, cocoa, a can of condensed milk and salt.
- Add the crushed cookies to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Scoop out part of the mixture onto parchment paper or aluminum.
- Shape the cookie mixture into the shape of a log and wrap it tightly inside the parchment paper or aluminum foil. You should have 4-5 chocolate salamis. Chill in the refrigerator or the freezer.
- When you’re ready to serve, sift some powdered sugar over the Chocolate Salami and slice into pieces.
The Chocolate Salami can be stored in the refrigerator for a week or freeze them up to 6 months in advance in a freezer ziplock bag or an airtight container.