This easy apple lemon bread recipe combines the delicious flavors of apple, lemon and vanilla. The grated apple makes the bread even more moist and tender.
- 1 stick (8 Tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1/2 – 1 cup sugar (I used 1/2 cup, but I don’t like my desserts too sweet, use your judgement)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 apples, peeled and grated (1 3/4–2 cups)
- 1/2–1 teaspoon lemon zest
- powdered sugar, to dust the top of the loaf, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with butter or spray.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or using a hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until they are pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt, until well mixed. Add to the batter and mix to combine.
- Add the grated apples and lemon zest. Mix to combine.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes in the preheated oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 3-5 minutes and then take the loaf out of the pan and place it on a cooling rack. Dust with powdered sugar, if you want.
Keywords: apple lemon bread, easy apple dessert, how to bake with apples, apple bread, apple lemon dessert, apple loaf, apple cake