Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
This easy recipe for honey garlic chicken thighs produces an incredibly juicy and flavorful entree that pairs so well with many things. The marinade is so convenient because it comes together in minutes and is perfect for meal prep.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs (chicken breast can also be used, or bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 6–8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- 1 Tablespoons oil (olive, avocado, etc.)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- fresh green onions, cilantro – optional, for serving
- Trim the chicken, cutting away all unwanted pieces.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients (honey, soy sauce, garlic, mirin, oil and cornstarch) in a large bowl and whisk to combine until smooth.
- Add the chicken to the marinade and mix to combine until all the chicken is evenly coated. Marinate at least 30 minutes or up to a day in advance. (Store in the refrigerator if marinating more than 30 minutes.) You can also freeze the chicken in the marinade for up to 3 months.
- To grill the chicken, preheat the grill for about 15 minutes. Clean the grill grates. Take a wad of paper towels and holding them with a pair of tongs, dip them into a small bowl of oil and brush the grill grates 3-5 times. This will help to create a barrier on the grates, making them somewhat nonstick and also clean the grates even more.
- Place the chicken on the grill grates and lower the temperature to medium. Grill the chicken until it is golden brown on both sides and reaches 165-170 degrees Fahrenheit in the center.
- You can also roast the chicken in the oven (preheat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit) until it reaches 165-170 degrees Fahrenheit in the center or on the stove, in batches, until golden brown on both sides.)
Keywords: honey garlic chicken thighs, honey garlic and soy chicken marinade, easy chicken thigh marinade