- 5 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced (or 1–2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped)
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup buttermilk or Greek yogurt
- salt, ground black pepper, to taste
- 6–8 oz grated mozzarella cheese
- 10–12 medium flour tortillas
- butter or oil, for cooking the quesadillas
- Chop the cooked chicken. You can use a rotisserie chicken, smoked chicken, roasted or cooked chicken. I usually use leftover roast chicken or cooked chicken after making chicken broth.
- Combine the chicken, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk the mayonnaise and buttermilk together, add to the chicken. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Spread about 1/2 a cup of the filling on one of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle about 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese on top of the filling. Top with another tortilla. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas, chicken filling and grated cheese.
- Melt 1/2 Tablespoon of butter or use oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When the butter stops sizzling, add the tortillas. Cook, covered, over medium low heat until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with all the tortillas.
- You can serve the quesadillas with salsa, sour cream, Ranch dressing, etc.