Ricotta Pancakes are so tender, light and fluffy. This breakfast is so great when you want something special but they are really easy to make.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 4–6 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- oil or butter to cook the pancakes
- Separate the eggs and put the egg whites in one large bowl and the egg yolks into a another large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites on medium speed with a whisk attachment until airy, increase speed to high, beat until stiff peaks form.
- Meanwhile in the other bowl, combine the egg yolks with the ricotta cheese, sugar, milk and vanilla extract, mixing until smooth.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to the ricotta mixture, and mix just until the flour is incorporated. Don’t over mix.
- Gently fold in egg whites. If there are a few streaks of egg whites left, that ‘s ok. You want to keep as much volume as possible to have light and fluffy pancakes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle and add some butter or oil to it. Heat until hot.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, pour the batter onto the skillet or griddle.
- Cook on medium heat until golden on each side.
- Serve right away. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days or freeze, in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 3 months.
Keywords: ricotta pancakes