An indulgent breakfast sandwich made with a toasted, flaky croissant, smoked salmon, eggs, chives, avocados and havarti cheese.
- 2 croissants
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- salt, ground black pepper, to taste
- 2–4 slices of cheese (any kind, I used Havarti)
- 4 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- Slice the croissants in half and toast them. I like using my oven for this, it’s so quick and I can do it all at once. I turn on the broiler to 500 degrees Fahrenheit and toast it until golden, just half a minute or so.
- Melt the butter in a skillet and crack in the eggs, seasoning with salt and pepper. Cook on low heat until the eggs are cooked the way you like them.
- Towards the very end, place the cheese on top of the eggs so that it starts to melt.
- Place half of the smoked salmon on one side of each of the toasted croissants. Slice the avocado and place half of the avocado slices on the other side of each of the croissants. Squeeze the juice of one lime over the avocado slices.
- Place the cooked eggs on top of the smoked salmon and sprinkle generously with the minced chives.
- Put both of the croissant halves together and open wide to enjoy this incredible, scrumptious sandwich.
Keywords: Smoked Salmon and Avocado Egg Croissant Sandwich, Egg Croissant Sandwich, smoked salmon breakfast sandwich, croissant breakfast sandwich