The most incredibly juicy chicken rolls made by stuffing chicken breasts with tomatoes, garlic and herbs, topped with cheese then baked in the oven. Cheesy, aromatic and perfect for any special occasion.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 1–2 Tablespoons fresh minced herbs (I used dill and parsley, you can also use rosemary, thyme, oregano, chives, etc.)
- 2–4 garlic cloves
- salt, ground black pepper, to taste
- dry herbs and spices, to taste (great options: paprika, granulated onion, Italian seasoning, Herbs de Provence, chili seasoning, dry parsley, thyme, rosemary, chives, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, etc.)
- 3–4 fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 2 oz finely grated cheese (Mozzarella, Provolone, Gruyere, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, etc.)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the chicken in half horizontally and then use a meat mallet to gently pound into an even thickness, making 8 chicken cutlets.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt, ground black pepper and any herbs and spices that you like.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sour cream (or yogurt) with the fresh herbs and mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Spread a heaping teaspoon of the garlic and herb sour cream mixture on each chicken cutlet.
- Place 2 slices of tomatoes on top of each chicken cutlet, one on each end, then roll up the chicken around the tomatoes. Place the chicken rolls in a baking dish, seam side down. (If you have smaller pieces of chicken, you may need to use only one tomato in the center.)
- Spread a thin layer of the garlic and herb sour cream mixture on top of the rolled up chicken in the baking dish. Sprinkle the top of the chicken with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven (425 F) for 30-38 minutes, until the chicken reaches 160-165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center.
- Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot. You can also chop up some more fresh tomatoes, mixed with fresh herbs and serve over top of the baked chicken.
Keywords: stuffed chicken breast, tomato cheese garlic and herbs stuffed chicken breast baked with cheese, baked stuffed chicken breast, baked chicken recipe