These juicy roasted chicken thighs are so delicious and are elevated with a simple, 5 ingredient black currant and hoisin sauce – a great combination of sweet and salty.
- 6 chicken thighs, trimmed and excess fat removed
- salt, ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Tablespoon oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup red or blackcurrant jam (you can also use blackberry or plum jam)
- 4 Tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2–4 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 Tablespoon sliced green onions, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and ground black pepper. You can add other seasonings and spices too, but since the sauce is very flavorful, I don’t season the chicken with anything else. Place the chicken in the oven and roast until the skin has turned slightly golden.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare the sauce. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and add the shallot and garlic, cooking on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the jam, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar and 2 Tablespoons of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer, cooking for about 5 minutes. If the sauce is too thick, add a few more Tablespoons of water.
- When the chicken is slightly golden and is about 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center, brush the sauce on top of the chicken and return to the oven, turn the temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and continue roasting until the chicken is completely cooked through and is 175 degrees Fahrenheit in the center, 5-10 min.
- You can turn on the broiler for the last few minutes if you really want to crisp up the chicken. Serve with some of the leftover sauce, if you have any.
- Garnish with green onions
Keywords: Black Currant and Hoisin Roast Chicken Thighs, How to Roast Chicken Thighs, Glazed Roasted Chicken Thighs