- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, removed of all fat
- 1/4 cup flour, for dredging
- 2 Tablespoons flavored oil (recipe follows)
- 1/2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 onions, sliced into half circles
- 1 bag petite baby carrots (or slice carrots into 1/4 –1/3 inch thick, 1 1/2 inch long strips)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (may need to use a little more)
- 3 oz cream cheese
- salt, pepper
- Fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced (or 1/2 small onion)
- zest from one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of herbs (parsley, rosemary, thyme, etc)
- Combine all the ingredients for the flavored oil in a cold skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until the garlic and shallots are golden brown. Strain.
- Reserve the flavored oil and use for salad dressing, or to cook other dishes. It has such an amazing, in depth flavor.
- Wipe out the skillet, you’ll use it to cook the rest of the meal.
- Prepare the chicken thighs. I cut out all the fat from the chicken thighs. Cover with plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons of the flavored oil, red wine vinegar and lemon juice in the same large skillet on medium high heat.
- Dredge the chicken in flour and place in the skillet.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Top with the onions, season with salt and pepper.
- Add the carrots on top of the onions and season with salt and pepper also.
- Pour in the chicken broth, until it barely covers the food.
- Cover and continue simmering for about 30 minutes until the carrots are tender. If you use regular baby carrots, you will need to cook it longer. I would just use regular carrots and cut them to the correct size or cut the baby carrots in half.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and vegetables to your serving dish (I like serving this on top of rice).
- Meanwhile, take the remaining juices from the pan, strain them and make sure you have at least 1/2 a cup. Add more chicken broth if necessary.
- Return to the same skillet and add the cream cheese. Yep, we just made the whole meal in one skillet! I’m always up for less dishes to wash:). Melt the cream cheese in the broth, constantly whisking, to have a smooth consistency.
- Pour over the chicken and vegetables and garnish with minced parsley.