These tender and juicy mini meatloaves are a perfect family weeknight meal. They are made with ground chicken and aromatic vegetables to give them lots of flavor all the way through and are glazed with a delicious sweet and salty sauce.
- 1 Tablespoon butter or oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 celery stalk, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground chicken (you can use any other kind of ground meat instead)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 – 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a skillet, heat the butter or oil and saute the onion, celery and garlic (seasoning with and ground black pepper to taste) until the vegetables have softened and are slightly golden. Cool slightly.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a bowl and cover with the milk, allowing to stand for a few minutes until all the milk is absorbed into the breadcrumbs.
- In a large bowl, combine the sauteed vegetables, ground chicken, soaked breadcrumbs, egg, parsley and another 3/4 – 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Portion out the meat mixture into mini meatloaves, about 1/4 cup each.
- Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven, for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all the glaze ingredients in a bowl. When the meatloaves have baked for 15 minutes, brush them with the glaze. Bake another 5-7 minutes.
Keywords: mini glazed chicken meatloaves, how to make mini meatloaves, chicken meatloaf recipe, glazed chicken meatloaf