- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) instant yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar or 3 Tablespoons honey
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups of flour
- Warm up the milk and water until they are 105-115 degrees.
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the milk and water and allow to stand just until foamy, about 5 min.
- Add the butter and salt to the liquid ingredients.
- Add the flour and mix until it’s all incorporated into the dough.
- Knead the dough using a stand mixer, the dough setting on a bread machine, or your hands.
- Allow the dough to rise for about 20 minutes in a warm place.
- Punch the dough down, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise until it doubles in size, about 40-60 min.
- Take out the dough and pat it into a rectangular shape on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough tightly, starting on the short side, into a cylinder.
- Place into a greased bread pan.
- Lightly spritz the top of the bread with a little oil, cover gently with plastic wrap and let it rise again, until it doubles in size.
- Once the bread rises, melt 1/2 Tablespoon butter and brush it on the bread.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the bread for about 40 min until golden brown.