A bright and zesty lemon vinaigrette is perfect to use as a salad dressing or as a marinade. The dijon mustard adds flavor and zippiness and there’s a bit of sweetness from the honey.
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, plus 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt, ground black pepper, to taste
- Arugula Salad:
- 4–5 oz arugula
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 small cucumbers, cut into circles
- 1 avocado
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard, honey and garlic in a small or medium mason jar. Pour in the olive oil, close the jar and shake it vigorously, until the vinaigrette is evenly mixed and looks creamy and emulsified.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Of course, you can adjust the level of sweetness and acidity too, by adding a bit more lemon juice, mustard, or honey, or adding more oil to mellow it out.
- Add fresh herbs to give different flavors to the vinaigrette, such as chives, parsley, dill, tarragon, thyme, rosemary, etc.
- Dress the salad right before serving. Store the dressing in the refrigerator for a few days up to a week.
Keywords: lemon vinaigrette, lemon honey mustard vinaigrette, how to make a vinaigrette, lemon salad dressing