- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 small, or half of a large onion, grated
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/8 cup molasses
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar, white or cider
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon mustard, dijon or yellow
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cayenne pepper or hot sauce, optional, as much as you like
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the grated onion and 1/4 teaspoon of salt and cook, covered on medium-low heat until softened.
- Add the garlic, cook for about 30 seconds and whisk in all the other ingredients. Simmer for about 5 min.
- Strain the sauce through a sieve.
- Serve with ribs, chicken, pork, meatballs, seafood, pulled pork sandwiches, sloppy joes, grilling, etc.