Pecan Tassies are cute and delicious pecan pies – but better! The buttery and flaky dough for these individual little pastries is filled with crunchy pecans and a gooey brown sugar filling.
- 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature (1 cup or 16 Tablespoons total)
- 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease 2 mini muffin baking pans with oil.
- In a standing mixer with a paddle attachment, mix the butter and cream cheese together until combined.
- Add the flour and mix to combine.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal parts, press into log shapes and wrap each into aluminum foil or parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. I like to make this dough ahead of time. You can even freeze it.
For the filling:
- Mix the eggs, melted butter and brown sugar until evenly combined and most of the sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- When the dough is chilled and firm, divide each cylinder into 12 equal portions. You should have 48 total.
- Press each portion into the cavity of mini muffin tins.
- Place about 1/2 a teaspoon of chopped pecans into each.
- Pour the filling into a ziptop bag. Cut a tiny opening in one of the corners. Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full. (You can also use a teaspoon.)
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-28 minutes.