Breaded Chicken Tenders
The flavor of homemade breaded chicken tenders is out of this world. You can’t even compare it to store bought or anything you will get in any restaurant. The breading is really delicious, golden and crisp and the chicken is really juicy and tender on the inside.
- Author: Olga's Flavor Factory
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- Category: Entree
- 1 lb chicken tenders, about 8-10 chicken tenders (you can also use chicken breast, just cut the chicken into strips)
- salt, pepper (to taste)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- oil, for pan frying (avocado, grape seed, light olive oil, sunflower, etc.)
Homemade Seasoned Breadcrumbs:
- 4 slices of good quality bread OR about 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon dry herbs and spices, optional
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- Flatten each chicken tenders to the same even thickness. Place the chicken tenders on a cutting board, cover with plastic wrap and pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet.
- Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Cut the bread into cubes or tear into large chunks. Pulse in a food processor until you have fine crumbs.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and parsley. Pulse a few times, just until evenly mixed.
- Set up your breading station. Place the seasoned bread crumbs in one pie plate or shallow dish. Place the flour in another and 2 beaten eggs in another. Dredge the chicken in flour, dip in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs, packing the breading on with your hands so it would adhere better.
- Keep one of your hands dry and one wet. When dredging in the flour and breadcrumbs use one hand and use the other when dipping in the eggs. That’s a great way to keep your fingers from being breaded in the process.
- Heat about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken tenders to the skillet and cook for about 2-4 minutes per side, just until they are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve the chicken while hot. Store leftover chicken in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Keywords: breaded chicken tenders, breaded chicken, homemade chicken fingers