Creamy Shrimp Chowder – Суп c Креветками
This Creamy Shrimp Chowder is one of the easiest seafood chowders to make. The creamy and cheesy broth has potatoes, aromatic vegetables and fresh herbs.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soups
- 6 – 8 cups chicken broth or water
- 2 packages (6-8 oz each) spreadable cheese wedges, Laughing Cow or President’s cheese (can also use 1 package brie cheese instead)
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1–2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- bay leaf, Old Bay seasoning, salt pepper
- fresh herbs, minced (parsley, chives, dill, etc)
- Peel the spreadable cheese wedges. Cut the rind off the brie cheese, if using and chop into small cubes.
- Bring water, chicken broth or a mixture of both to a boil in a medium pot.
- Add the cheese wedges and mix with a wooden spoon or with a whisk until all the cheese is dissolved. The brie cheese won’t melt completely but will soften.
- While the water is coming to a boil, prep the rest of the ingredients. Add potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, bay leaf, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper to the soup. Cook, simmering on medium low heat for about 15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the shrimp to the soup. Cook for 2-4 minutes, just until shrimp is pink. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp. As soon as it turns pink take off the heat.
- Discard the bay leaf, garnish with fresh herbs.
Keywords: shrimp chowder, shrimp soup, creamy shrimp chowder