These Ricotta Crumb Bars are really tender, creamy and soft. They have a sandy, buttery crust and topping, with a sweet cheese filling.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (12 Tablespoons) butter, plus 1 Tablespoon for greasing the baking dish (room temperature)
- 2 cups ricotta cheese (1 lb)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease the bottom and sides of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with 1 Tablespoon of butter.
- In a food processor, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter, in 1 Tablespoon pieces to the flour and pulse to combine, until the butter is dispersed in the flour and is a crumbly texture with pea sized butter pieces throughout.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Put 2/3 of the flour mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish and firmly press it into the bottom of the dish.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the crust and sprinkle the remaining flour mixture over the top of the ricotta filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Let the bars cool for 10 minutes before cutting them into pieces.
- They will be very delicate and tender, so be gently when you are handling them. Store at room temperature, covered.
If you want the crust to have a more buttery and shortbread cookie consistency, not as crumbly add more butter. You can use about 1/4 – 1/3 cup more butter and the crust will not be as crumbly.
Keywords: Ricotta Crumb Bars, Cheesecake Crumb Bars, Ricotta cheese dessert