Make this quick, one dish dinner with juicy shrimp, fluffy couscous and sweet tomatoes. It comes together in no time and looks incredible too.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Entree
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs shrimp (any size), deveined and shelled, tail on or off
- salt, pepper, to taste
- 1–2 teaspoons dry herbs and spices, such as an all purpose seasoning containing granulated onion and garlic, dry chives, parsley, basil, oregano, coriander, etc.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, minced
- 2–4 garlic cloves
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 1/2 cups couscous (plain, aka Moroccan)
- 2 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable broth, hot
- 1 Tablespoons fresh parsley and green onions, minced and thinly sliced
- Prep all the ingredients: Peel and devein the shrimp, finely chop the onion and jalapeno, mince the garlic. Slice the tomatoes in half.
- Bring the broth to a boil in a small saucepan and set aside and keep warm.
- Season the shrimp on both sides with salt, pepper and dry herbs and spices.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a deep skillet. Cook the shrimp in batches, just until golden and pink on both sides, the time will depend on the size of your shrimp. Set the cooked shrimp aside in a covered bowl.
- In the same skillet, add more oil, as needed, then the onion and jalapeño. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, on medium heat, until the onions are softened. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Increase the heat to high, add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the couscous to the skillet and pour in the broth. Bring it to a boil, turn off the heat and let it stand, covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff the couscous up with a fork. Place the shrimp on top of the couscous and garnish everything with fresh herbs.
Keywords: shrimp couscous, easy shrimp dinner, one dish shrimp and couscous