Healthy Cabbage Salad
This healthy cabbage salad is packed with so many colorful vegetables and dressed with oil and vinegar instead of a mayo, like in a typical cabbage slaw.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
- Category: Sides
- half a head of cabbage, cored and shredded/finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2–3 small cucumbers, julienned
- 1 medium or 1/2 of a large bell pepper, julienned
- 8 radishes, julienned
- 1 – 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, julienned
- fresh herbs (green onions, dill, parsley), minced
- 4–5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional (or honey instead)
- salt, pepper, to taste
- Prep all the vegetables. Slice the cabbage, grate the carrot, julienne the cucumbers, bell pepper and radishes. Thinly slice the celery.
- If you’re prepping the salad in advance, cut up the apple right before serving, or submerge the apple sliced in water + lemon juice.
- Mix everything together until evenly combined. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Add the fresh herbs, oil and vinegar. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Keywords: healthy cabbage salad, cabbage vegetable salad