Creamy Chicken Salad bites served on crunchy crackers are such a simple and satisfying appetizer, lunch or snack. Put your leftover chicken to good use and make this delicious chicken salad with some eggs, cheese, tomato – all staple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen already. The crisp and juicy cucumber tops it all off perfectly.
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely grated
- 1/4 cup finely grated cheese
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Homemade Ranch dressing, optional
- 35 – 40 crackers
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- salt, ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine the cooked and chopped chicken, grated eggs, cheese, tomato, parsley in a large bowl.
- Add the mayo and Ranch dressing, if using and mix everything to combine.
- Slice the cucumber into thin slices.
- Place about 1 Tablespoon of chicken mixture on top of the crackers. Place a cucumber slice on top of the chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
You can also serve the chicken salad on top of bread, croissants, use them as a filing in a quesadilla, in pita bread or lettuce leaves.
Instead of using crackers, you can serve the chicken salad bites on top of the cucumber slices.
You can also place the chicken salad on top of bread, top with more cheese and toast it in the oven until it’s all warm and the cheese is melted and golden.
Keywords: chicken salad on crackers, easy chicken salad, chicken salad on cucumber slices, chicken salad with hard boiled eggs and tomato