Apple Pear Kompot is a refreshing Russian drink made from cooking fruit in water. The delicate flavor of apples and pears makes a perfect autumn beverage.
- 3 lbs apples, quartered
- 3 lbs pears, quartered
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- Quarter the fruit, peel and core the apples and pears if you will make sauce later. Place the fruit in a large pot (6-8 quarts) and fill it to the top with water. Add the sugar.
- Bring it to a boil and the reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for about 30 minutes, until the fruit is cooked through and soft all the way through.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. You will have 11 – 11 1/2 cups of concentrated Apple Pear Kompot.
- Dilute it with more cold water to achieve the flavor that you like. I usually add 4-6 cups of water in addition to the concentrated kompot.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Keywords: apple pear drink, Kompot, Russian drink, cooked fruit beverage, autumn, kompot recipe, Russian Kompot recipe