This is more of an idea than a recipe, but I couldn’t resist sharing it with you. With the approaching holidays, simple and delicious appetizers and side dishes are always a good addition. This is one of my favorites. It takes a few minutes to assemble and is both light, refreshing and hearty – if that’s even possible:).
Slice the tomatoes horizontally into 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick slices. It’s totally up to you how thick you make the tomatoes.
- garlic, minced
- Mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt, pepper
- Slice the tomatoes horizontally into ¼ – ½ inch thick slices. It’s totally up to you how thick you make the tomatoes.
- Place the mayonnaise and a minced garlic clove in a ziptop bag. Mash it up in your hands to distribute the garlic in the mayo.
- Cut a small hole in one of the corners of the bag and drizzle mayo over the top of each tomato slice.
- Sprinkle a mixture of the Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the mayo.