This colorful, crunchy salad is perfect any time of year and complements just about any dinner. There is such a variety of vegetables that each bring their own distinct flavor. You only need to season it very simply and toss it with some sunflower oil and vinegar and it still tastes incredibly complex. The texture is phenomenally crisp and fresh. We all need more healthy dishes in our lives, and this is packed full of vitamins.
half a head of cabbage, shredded
2-3 small cucumbers, julienned
1 large carrot, julienned
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 medium or 1/2 of a large bell pepper, julienned
8-10 radishes, julienned
1 apple, julienned
fresh herbs (scallions, dill, parsley), minced
2-3 Tablespoons sunflower oil
1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
salt, pepper, to taste
- half a head of cabbage, shredded
- 2-3 small cucumbers, julienned
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 1 medium or ½ of a large bell pepper, julienned
- 8-10 radishes, julienned
- 1 apple, julienned
- fresh herbs (scallions, dill, parsley), minced
- 2-3 Tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 Tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt, pepper, to taste
- Cut all the vegetables.
- Season with sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add sunflower oil and vinegar.
- Mix to combine. Refrigerate. Serve cold or at room temperature.