This easy tuna salad is something you can whip up any time, since it’s made with staple ingredients and is so simple to prepare. Serve it as a salad or make it into a sandwich or a wrap.
Tuna salad is a classic. It’s so easy to prepare, made with pantry ingredients and is budget friendly. It’s also very versatile. You can prepare it very very simply or add lots or different flavors and the way you serve it.
Canned tuna is so so great to have on hand, so you can mix this up anytime. My favorite tuna is the one packed in olive oil – it’s so juicy! Hard boiled eggs , crunchy celery and fresh herbs – green onion and dill are awesome, and it’s all mixed together and dressed with creamy mayonnaise and tangy dijon mustard.
Tuna salad is so wonderful to meal prep. You can mix it all up and enjoy it for lunch or even bring it along to the park or the beach for an effortless dinner. Have you tried it served with sliced tomatoes and avocados? That is me personal favorite way to enjoy tuna salad.
- canned tuna – any canned tuna will work in this recipe. I highly recommend getting the tuna salad packed in olive oil.
- hard boiled egg
- celery – not only does it add a great flavor to the tuna salad, but it will also add some crunch.
- fresh herbs – green onion and dill
- use your favorite mayonnaise, either store bought or homemade
- dijon mustard is what I usually have on hand, but yellow mustard, whole grain mustard or any mustard that you enjoy will be great here too.
- salt, pepper (I don’t usually add any salt, because the mayo is salted, but you can feel it out and decide for yourself.)
How To Make Easy Tuna Salad
- Drain the tuna, transfer to a medium bowl and mash with a fork. (It’s much easier to mix up the tuna by itself than after adding the rest of the ingredients.)
- Grate the hard boiled egg on the fine holes of a box grater.
- Add all the ingredients to the tuna: grated egg, celery, green onion, dill, mayo and mustard. Season with salt and pepper, if needed. Mix to combine.
- Store the tuna salad in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Serve as a salad, sandwich, wrap or even make some Tuna Melts.
How To Store Tuna Salad
Tuna salad is awesome for meal prepping. Make a batch at the beginning of the week and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Give it a mix before serving.
Other Easy Lunch Options
- Chicken Salad Wraps With Spinach and Avocado
- The Best Recipe For Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
- Chicken Quesadillas
Easy Tuna Salad
This easy tuna salad is something you can whip up any time since it’s made with staple ingredients and is so simple to prepare. It’s creamy, has some crunch and lots of fresh flavor too. Serve it as a salad or make it into a sandwich or a wrap.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
2 (7 oz) cans of tuna (I prefer tuna packed in oil, but you can use any tuna)
1 hard boiled egg, grated or finely chopped
1–2 celery ribs, minced
1–2 Tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced
1–2 Tablespoons dill and/or parsley, minced
1/4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
2 Tablespoon dijon mustard
salt, ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain the tuna. Place the tuna in a medium bowl and mash with a fork.
- Grate the egg on the fine holes of a box grater. Add to the tuna. Add the celery, green onion, dill, mayonnaise and mustard. Mix to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Store the tuna salad in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days.
- Serve the tuna salad with vegetables, such as tomatoes, avocados, lettuce, etc. It’s also great with crackers, as a tip with bell peppers, carrot or celery sticks. It’s also fantastic as a sandwich on many varieties of bread or in a wrap.