Cauliflower and tomatoes complement each other beautifully in this refreshing salad. We made this often as I was growing up and I still love to serve it, especially with seafood. It is a great variation from coleslaw. The cauliflower is crunchy and grating it makes it almost fluffy. Tomatoes, garlic and herbs are then added and dressed with mayo and sour cream.
Yields: 4 servings
1/2 cauliflower head
1 tsp dill, parsley, chives, each
1/4 tsp salt
1 tiny garlic clove
3-4 Tablespoons mayo and sour cream, each
Grate the cauliflower on the large holes of a box grater.
Seed and chop the tomato.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.
By the way, don’t overdo the garlic. You need only a tiny amount, otherwise it will overwhelm this mild salad.
- ½ cauliflower head
- 1 tomato
- 1 tsp dill, parsley, chives, each
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tiny garlic clove
- 3-4 Tablespoons mayo and sour cream, each
- Grate the cauliflower on the large holes of a box grater.
- Seed and chop the tomato.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine.