1. I was born in a Christian family and made the decision to have my own personal relationship with God when I was 14. Being a Christian has defined every aspect of my life. It is awesome to walk through life with God, in moments of joy and through heartbreak too.
2. My parents are really young. I am the oldest of six. I will never take my family for granted. My parents are my heroes and great examples. My siblings are my best friends. We have so much fun together.
4. I have been told that I am an “old soul” and I agree. I love old movies like “Little House on the Prairie”, “Road to Avonlea”, etc.
5. Introvert. I enjoy having “alone time” and being alone energizes me.
6. Type A personality. I’m very determined and like getting things done. “Proceed” should be my middle name. I like to be organized.
8. Went to Haiti, Ukraine and Russia on mission trips. I love to travel and dream of going all around the world someday.
9. Attempted to adopt 2 children from Russia. Adopting has been my dream since I was a teenager.
10. Favorite food: Savory – potatoes (Potato Pancakes, Potato Bacon Pie, Potato Chicken Casserole). Sweets – simple things like Plum Coffee Cake, Blueberry Muffins, Gusinie Lapki. Favorite Cake – Medovik.
11. Registered Nurse. I’ve worked on Oncology and Telemetry Units.
Right now I have a very interesting job. I work as a Nurse in the Transfer Center, which means I facilitate transfers from one hospital to another, if a patient needs it. Example: Patient has a brain hemorrhage, but the hospital doesn’t have a neurosurgeon. They call me, I call the neurosurgeon that is on call at the other hospital, connect the specialist with the ER or other requesting physician, they decide if the patient needs to be transferred. I also make sure that the receiving hospital has available beds to accept the patient, etc. It’s a really cool job and I have really awesome co-workers.
12. During Nursing School, I worked nights on a Pediatric Unit. I absolutely loved it.
13. I love to read and would rather spend money on books than clothes. The library and the bookstore are my favorite places to hang out.
14. Even though I am an introvert and can “seem” quiet and shy, I enjoy public speaking.
15. I sang in a band.
16. Don’t like to bake. Ha! That’s usually a surprise for most people, since I bake so much and do all sorts of fancy desserts.
Nope. Baking frustrates me.
17. I taught Sunday School for a few years.
18. I’m not a fashion diva. My fashion style is functional and classic. I like to be in style and have cute clothes, but I believe that one purse that goes with everything is sufficient and if I have one black skirt I don’t need another:). My makeup is very natural looking too.
19. I shared a room with my sister, Elina, for 19 years.
20. My husband and I don’t have any credit cards and the only debt we ever plan on having is a mortgage, and hopefully not too long. We started listening to Dave Ramsey a few years ago, went through Financial Peace University and it changed our life in an incredible way.
21. My favorite date night – relaxing at home.
22. Curious and adventurous. I like trying new things. I’ve made homemade puff pastry, homemade bagels, homemade ginger ale, etc. I even went parachuting.
23. Favorite kitchen tool – sharp knife.
24. I spent most of my childhood outdoors. My parents own 100 acres of land and my siblings and I spent all our free time exploring, building forts, hiking, swimming, sledding, etc. Every spring we planted a huge garden. I didn’t even mind weeding. I dream of having a garden of my own someday.
25. In my opinion, the expression “I’m bored” should be banned. How is it possible to be bored? There are a million things to do.
26. Until I was 18, I always had long hair. One day, I chopped off 13 inches and have kept it pretty short ever since.
27. My dream is to be a mother.